Located just 20 minutes east of Edmonton in Alberta, you are invited to explore the Beaver Hills Biosphere at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre’s in Strathcona County, Canada. Dress warmly, bring a mug and join us for an afternoon of fun from 1-4 pm.
- Meet RayC – a young great gray owl.
- Talk to wildlife biologists about how to help to conserve wildlife.
- Check out ways you can become a Citizen Scientist.
- Cross country ski on a historic trail, go snowshoeing, and enjoy a tasty treat around the campfire.
- Touch a beaver pelt
- Figure out wildlife signs you can look for along the trails
- Celebrate World Snow Day at the UNESCO Beaver Hills Biosphere, designated on March 16, 2016.
World Snow Day and the Beaver Hills BioBlitz is presented in partnership with the Beaver Hills Biosphere partners, the Alberta Chapter - The Wildlife Society, Alberta Parks, Nature Kids - Nature Alberta, WSP, Friends of Elk Island National Park and Strathcona County. Bring your family and friends to celebrate winter!Link to Event Registration