Dear organizers of World Snow Day events,
For the 1st World Snow Day celebration, there will be total of 225 events in 39 countries around the world. Congratulations and great thanks to you all!
As you may have seen on TV/newspaper/websites, FIS launched a media campaign on 1st January through various channels to promote World Snow Day and your events. More promotional activities are to come so we would like to inform you of what has happened and is yet to happen:
• From 1st - 22nd January 2012 most FIS World Cup events are featuring the World Snow Day logo in place of the FIS logo on the shoulder of the starting bibs.
• During the same time period, in partnership with the rights holders European Broadcasting Union and Infront Sports & Media as well as Eurosport, the World Snow Day TV trailer is being incorporated into the FIS World Cup broadcasts. To view the Internet version of the spot please click here http://world-snow-day.com/en/WSD/Videos.
• The colors have been changed to promote World Snow Day on FIS official website (www.fis-ski.com) and its six Olympic discipline websites, namely Cross-Country Skiing, Alpine Skiing, Ski Jumping, Nordic Combined, Freestyle Skiing and Snowboarding.
• The management of live profiles has been handed over to each organizer for more timely updates on your events. Our web analytics show www.world-snow-day.com has over 6,000 visits per day and the number is still growing. Therefore, we strongly suggest you fully use this valuable tool to promote your event and partners, especially during the estimated visiting peak weeks of 16th – 25th January. Please note that per requests from some organizers, the download function has also been added in your live profiles for three files. A poll was also embedded to receive public opinions. Please note this is not editable in your live profile system, however you can view the results through your profile on the website.
• Besides the official website, social communities have been formed on Facebook, Twitter and Weibo and video channels were set up on YouTube and YouKu. Throughout January, virtual competitions, such as photo contest and poll activities, are being held to interact with the fans and participants. If you would like to join you may do so.
• World Snow Day Partnerships for the first year have been set up with Intersport, Best of the Alps, Milka and World Snow Day Media Partners EBU, Infront, and Eurosport.
We are making supreme efforts to promote World Snow Day as well as each of the events. Your comments and suggestions are very welcome.
Look forward to seeing your great events on World Snow Day!
FIS World Snow Day Team
CH-3653 Oberhofen/Thunersee, Switzerland
Phone: +41(0)33 244 6161
Fax: +41(0)33 244 6171
www.fis-ski.com ¦ www.fis-snowkidz.com ¦ www.world-snow-day.com